General Meeting and #iSoc12 almost ready
Yesterday we had our first official general meeting of this year. In short, these are the things we have discussed:
- Financial report for 2011: Accepted by all members. The financial report will be publicized here later this week.
- The DataTank copyright: the general meeting decided not to transfer all rights to the Open Knowledge Foundation Belgium. Instead a co-ownership of all rights have been suggested. This will be voted upon next general meeting.
- Christophe Versieux has stepped down as a board member. For one year he has been iRail’s treasurer. Christophe will continue focusing on the development of the BeTrains applications as a normal member. The general meeting has accepted.
- We need a new treasurer. Sacha Schmitz was the only candidate. The general meeting has voted him unanimously in the board.
- Miet Claes presented the new logo for iRail: http://vimeo.com/44822409
- We discussed a possible name change. The name iRail is too focused on railways. A new name should not automatically be linked to one kind of transport. Until August, you can suggest new names for the iRail npo. If no better name has been found, the name will stay the same.
Next to all the paper work, also fun stuff has been discussed: iRail Summer of code. With 17 students and 8 volunteers, we are ready to start working on 9 different projects. In the coming weeks you may expect a lot of blog posts explaining these projects or introducing different students.
Check back soon!